Ultrasound Technician Schools in New Jersey
There are many accredited sonography schools in New Jersey, including:
- Bergen Community College in Paramus
- Gloucster County College in Sewell
- JFK Medical Center in Plainfield
- Sanford Brown Institute in Iselin
- University of Medical and Dentistry of New Jersey in Scotch Plains
Students in the Garden State can attend a sonography school at a hospital or traditional university, or they can pursue a program at one of many online offerings by accredited colleges.
Sonography Careers in New Jersey
There were 1,960 diagnostic medical sonographers working in the state in 2009, with mean annual salaries at $68,590, and the highest 10 percent earning over $90,000 per year.
The Camden metropolitan area employed 240 ultrasound technicians in 2009 with average salaries of $72,000. Mean annual wages for the 140 sonographers working in Allentown and Bethlehem were $61,770.
The greatest concentration of sonography jobs in the state are in the Newark-Union metro region. More than 580 sonographers worked in that area in 2009, earning a mean salary of $68,140 per year.
New Jersey Ultrasound Technician Schools
Turn your love of medicine into a rewarding career at Sanford-Brown Institute. Learn more today.
Advance your career with American Institute - Diagnostic Medical Sonography.
- Diagnostic Medical Sonography (General Concentration)
- Diagnostic Medical Sonography (Cardiac Concentration)
Jump into the exciting world of technology or medical services at Harris School.